This Good Food Ireland Experience brings you to the lakes and mountains of Austria through this wine tasting at ely bar & brasserie. Austrian Wine has a long tradition of viticulture and grape breeding with the oldest wine-growing school in the world located here - the Federal Institute for Viticulture and Pomology at Klosterneuburg, and encompasses 35 officially approved grape varieties - 22 white and 13 red with red wines doubling over the last two decades.
Wine tastings at ely are a fun, informative and educational way to learn about wine covering everything from tasting and assessing wine to food and wine pairing. You’ll also learn how to spot a fault, pick up a bargain or navigate a wine list. The class is led by the award-winning Sommelier of ely bar & brasserie, Ian Brosnan who will be on hand to share his knowledge and answer all your questions.
Wines that will be tasted at this class include pure Rieslings and astoundingly complex Gruner Veltliners, with quality reds, notably Blaufrankisch, Zweigelt and St. Laurent.
- Explanations about wine tasting method
- Tasting of wines selected by the ely's sommelier
- Tips on food and wine pairing
- Dates Experience Offered: Thursday 29th June 2017
- Time schedule: at 19:00
- Cost: €50.00 for 1 person
- Minimum age: 18
You will be welcomed by the sommelier at ely bar & brasserie (IFSC, Georges Dock, Dublin City). The course will start with details about the wines selected and the tasting method. Then, you will discover characteristics of each one and some tips to pairing its with food.
- Minimum age 18 years
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase here online and we will send you a Good Food Ireland Gift Card with the experience details and booking information to you or directly to the recipient. Then you just need to check the information and book the experience by contacting the Good Food Ireland Experiences Team.
1. Purchase your Good Food Ireland Experience online
2. We will then send you a Gift Card for your chosen experience by post with all the details. The Gift Card is valid for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase. Please note some experiences may need to be taken on a specific date. However should it not be possible to take up the experience on the date your Gift Card can be used for any other experience of your choice within the Good Food Ireland Collection.
3. To book your Good Food Ireland Experience simply contact the Good Food Ireland Experiences Service Team, Telephone +353 53 9158693 (office hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm GMT) or Email firstname.lastname@example.org