Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, a graduation or simply reuniting with someone special for a catch up, there’s something about the tiers of delicate treats, perfect sandwiches and china cups of tea that makes for the perfect setting.
At The River Lee Hotel, the menu of the Afternoon Tea features all the classics like cucumber & crème fraiche sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and jams, and delicate macarons.
The hotel also boasts its very own Afternoon Tea Hostess, Serena Tesei. We chatted to Serena to find out about her role, what she loves about Afternoon Tea and her favourite dishes on the menu: "I love the attention to detail on the dishes - from the setup, to the food preparation, nothing is left to chance. The expression of our guests’ faces when I place their goodies on the stand always amazes me. I explain all about our sandwiches and cakes, and for most of our guests (and even for me!) the best part of the Afternoon Tea is the top plate, with the pannacotta, our miniature fruit tarts, and my favourite, the chocolate truffle - it's actually melt in your mouth, so yummy! Of course, we are always looking for innovative new ideas - we want to keep surprising our guests."
- Reservation table at The Weir Rooms
- Afternoon Tea menu
- Time schedule: Daily from 14:30 to 16:30
- Cost: Classic Afternoon Tea €25.00 per person & Sparkling Afternoon Tea €35.00 per person
You will meet your host Serena at The Weir Rooms (The River Lee Hotel, Western Road, Cork City). You will sit at your table and you will enjoy your Afternoon Tea.
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase here online and we will send you a Good Food Ireland Gift Card with the experience details and booking information to you or directly to the recipient. Then you just need to check the information and book the experience by contacting the Good Food Ireland Experiences Team.
1. Purchase your Good Food Ireland Experience online
2. We will then send you a Gift Card for your chosen experience by post with all the details. The Gift Card is valid for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase. Please note some experiences may need to be taken on a specific date. However should it not be possible to take up the experience on the date your Gift Card can be used for any other experience of your choice within the Good Food Ireland Collection.
3. To book your Good Food Ireland Experience simply contact the Good Food Ireland Experiences Service Team, Telephone +353 53 9158693 (office hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm GMT) or Email firstname.lastname@example.org